Mediators serve the our community by aiding in conflict resolution between citizens. Our volunteer mediators are the heart of our program! They are the reason we are able to provide respectful, effective, and free mediation to members of our communities.
Oregon State Law requires extensive training to become a certified mediator. In addition to a Basic Mediation Training which satisfies all Oregon State requirements, Neighbor to Neighbor also offers other specialized trainings such as Restorative Justice, court-related mediation, Landlord-Tenant mediation, and more. If you are interested in joining our team, please contact us for further information!
– help groups work through conflict.
– assist in communicating issues clearly.
– support the resolution of misunderstandings.
– assist in creating solutions to disputes.
YOU should become a mediator because…
– it is a proactive way to serve your community.
– it teaches valuable communication skills that can be utilized in multiple areas of your life.
– it promotes compassion and empathy among community members.
– it is a direct form of contributing to the peace and prosperity of your local community.
For more information about becoming a volunteer mediator with Neighbor to Neighbor, check out our upcoming trainings, send us an email, or call us at 503-585-0651 and select option 7.
*While some of our mediations are done remotely, we are unable to provide volunteer opportunities for individuals who do not work/live near our service areas.