Eviction Avoidance Program
Worried about your Housing Provider or Tenant?
Don’t wait. Mediate!
Mediation can be a great tool for resolving conflicts between landlords and tenants or tenants and tenants. It’s easier to solve problems early on, before they escalate into bigger issues to utilizing mediation, rather than going through a formal court process to pursue an eviction or a claim to recovery of money/personal property. This program is a partnership with Oregon Housing and Community Services.
Benefits of Housing Related Mediation
- Confidential – Sessions take place in a private and safe setting.
- Empowering – Mediation is voluntary. Participants are in control of the outcome (rather than relying on a judge).
- Flexible – Sessions may be scheduled for day or evening with both remote and in-person options.
- Save Time – Mediations are scheduled as soon as possible. Solutions can be reached without having to wait for notices or court dates.
- Cost Effective – Eviction Avoidance Mediation is free, and mediation may prevent lengthy and costly court proceedings.
There are many topics which can be discussed or addressed during Eviction Avoidance Mediation. Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Late or missing rent
- Pet concerns
- Maintenance and housekeeping
- Repairs and damages
- Additional occupants
- Rule violations
- Neighbor or roommate complaints
- Vacate dates
- Payment plans
Reach out to Neighbor to Neighbor today to discuss if mediation might be a good fit for your situation. If you would like to utilize our mediation services, it’s helpful to have contact info for the other party you’d like to have participate.
Eviction Avoidance Program Number: 503-585-0651, opt 4
Eviction Avoidance Program Email: firstname.lastname@example.org